FOOD & BEVERAGE INDUSTRIES
Our contribution to the food and beverage industry commenced in the early days when Intercontinental Breweries (now SAB) appointed us as Consulting Engineers for the construction of breweries in Krugersdorp and Bloemfontein. This developed into a long relationship with SAB and our multi-disciplinary engineering and cost control services have been used for their subsequent breweries and brewery extensions both locally and internationally ever since.
- Alrode Brewery Civil and structural design and preparation of construction drawings for their major expansion programme, including designs for a new boiler house, brewhouse, general purpose building, extensions to engine room, packaging hall and malt/maize handling facilities.
- Bloemfontein Brewery Provided project management, multi-disciplined engineering and cost control services for the civil and structural aspects of the original brewery and subsequent extensions.
- Chamdor Brewery Project management, multi-disciplined engineering and cost control services for the civil and structural aspects of the brewery and subsequent extensions at Chamdor, Krugersdorp since 1971.
- Newlands Brewery Since 1983, multi-disciplined engineering and cost control services have been provided on an ongoing basis. During this period the brewery has been upgraded from 1.2 to 3.8 million hectolitres per annum.
Pietersburg Brewery The Company was responsible for the civil and structural design, including preparation of construction drawings, for a 1.7 million hectolitre per annum brewery, including regional offices and amenities buildings.
- Durban Brewery (Fountains Park) The Company provided project management and engineering services for the civil and structural work for the original brewery – Intercontinental Breweries Limited.
- Nigeria Onitsha Brewery TvE undertook the detailed design of the structural steel and associated civil works, fire protection and domestic electrical design, the civil design of the water treatment plants and process buildings to suite the requirements for the brewing process, which was prepared by other contractors.
- Angola Lubango Brewery The company prepared the civil design for the primary upgrade of the facility and detailed proposals for the expansion of the brewery.
- Pretoria West Bottling Plant Appointed as consultants for the civil and structural engineering work for this new bottling plant and further appointments later for extensions to the same plant.
- Elgin Processing & Bottling Plant Provided civil and structural engineering services to the Appletiser Factory since 1984 culminating in a major expansion and upgrade throughout all the facilities in 1993.
- Food Plants The Company has been responsible for the preparation of long term development plans for the manufacturing of a variety of food products as well as providing multi-discipline engineering services and cost control for the upgrading and extensions to the existing plant. Projects completed include Purity factory, cereal factory development, and installation of machinery for canned pet food, stores, staff facilities, fire protection and site services reticulation.
- Mushrooms Farms Multi-disciplinary engineering and cost control services for the mushroom farms at Shongweni (Natal), Deodar (Gauteng) and Durbanville (Cape).