What We Offer
TVE contributes to the project management, engineering and development of the petroleum industry globally.
We offer petroleum investors professional “low cost, low overhead” operating services and clients are assured of this based on appropriate engineering, minimised fixed operating costs, relevant tender documentation, supervision and management by professionals. We are an independent company, not linked to any drilling, geophysical or other contracting group and therefore we are able to adjudicate local, regional and international bids effectively on the basis of cost and merit.
- The Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and Instrumentation engineering design.
- The design of storage tanks; pump station installations; control and removal of oil and water; interconnecting piping; vapour control systems and main control centres including SCADA and instrumentation systems.
- The preparation of contract documents, adjudication of tender submissions, contract administration, project management, testing, commissioning and preparation of the operating/ maintenance manuals.
Professional Services Provided
REFURBISHMENT OF PIPELINES
- The assessment and remedial work required to control and repair the damage caused by sulphate reducing bacteria in crude oil pipelines.
- Refurbishment of the pipelines by the application of internal epoxy lining.
DRILLING MUD PLANTS
- The design of drilling mud plants for the supply of drilling muds to the offshore and onshore oil exploration industry.
- The design of fire protection systems that comply with SABS 089 or NFPA requirements.
- The research, testing and development of fire-fighting systems which provide a proven level of protection, with lower water/foam solution application rates.
PETROLEUM STORAGE PROJECTS
TVE have been the consulting engineering company employed by the State Fuel Fund(SFF) for constructing their concrete inground storage facility at Saldanha Bay.
We have been providing technical support for the operation and maintenance of their cavern mine storage and conventional above ground steel tankfarms since 1977 and have also made our mark with others in the industry as described below:
SFF: SALDANHA BAY STORAGE FACILITY
Consulting Engineers for the project management, engineering, construction supervision, commissioning and financial control of the inground tank farm and VLCC tanker facility.
Research, development and construction of a 45-million barrel inground concrete tank farm.
Ongoing maintenance and upgrade of the facility since its completion in 1982.
SFF CAPE TOWN AND DURBAN STEEL FLOATING ROOF TANKS
Upgrade of the security and fire fighting systems at the Milnerton, Killarney and Durban Airport.
Durban Fynnland above ground steel floating roof tank farms.
Ongoing maintenance and upgrade of these facilities since 1982.
The Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation engineering for the reconstruction of the Pretoria West depot (which was destroyed by fire).
The design of the road and rail tanker unloading facilities.
CENTRAL ENERGY FUND
The multi-disciplined engineering associated with the fire protection of various key point fuel depots as identified by CEF.
The Civil, Structural Steel, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation engineering for constructing facilities for key players in the offshore oil industry in Angola.
Mechanical and Electrical consultants to Scott Wilson (UK) for the refined product unloading facility in Luanda, Angola, built by China Harbour Engineering Company.
ENGINEERS INDIA LTD
The Preparation of the Detailed Feasibility Reports on Strategic Crude Oil Storage programme for the Government of India.
WATER & EFFLUENT TREATMENT AND WATER STORAGE
With associates, the Company has provided technology and consulting engineering services for potable water production, industrial effluent and sewage treatment.
The detailed civil and structural design for the Goreangab water reclamation Plant in Windhoek, Namibia. The detailed civil and structural design of the water treatment plant for the Kumba Heavy Minerals plant in Empangeni.